Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

Recipe of the Week


This week I will be posting 2 recipes since I forgot about last week's. Oops!
It's football season and I love it!!! My son plays middle school football, our high school team is 3-0 and I go to every game I can. The TN Titans and UT Vols are our teams around here! So I thought I would share a few good football food recipes.
Swiss & Rye Bites
2.8 oz. can French fried onions, crushed
3/4 c. bacon, cpisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. mayonnaise
3 c. shredded Swiss cheese
14 oz. jar pizza sauce
1 loaf sliced party rye
Combine onions, bacon, mayonnaise and cheese in a large bowl. Spread one teaspoon pizza sauce on each slice of bread; top with one tablespoon cheese mixture. Arrange on an ungreaded baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted. Serves 6. (Okay I could eat 6 by myself, so double or triple the recipe for a big crowd!)
Cheesy Artichoke Dip
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
1 c. mayonnaise
2-6 oz. jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
Blend the first 2 ingredients together; fold in remaining ingredients. Spread in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serves 12.
GO TENNESSEE!

3 comments: