Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

My crazy guineas...




We've had guineas for a couple of years but this is the first time we've had babies. I cringed at the price we paid for our male at a local auction. But he has earned his keep by giving us little babies! There were about 15 in the first hatch and now we're down to 3. They are easy prey when they're that little. The remaining 3 are now "teenagers" as my kids call them and growing very nicely. The second hatch had about 30 and sadly we have 1 chick left. It must either be very lucky or very smart because it hangs in there with the others and is growing every day! The last picture is of our male and he loves to come to the front door and peek in. I think he must see his reflection in the glass because he pecks at the door. I love it! They are the hardest working farm animals, working from sun up to sun down pecking at bugs. I couldn't imagine having a farm without them.



No comments:

Post a Comment