Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pepto-Pink Room Redo


Have you ever started a project and about half way through had absolutely enough? I had the bright idea of giving Gracie's Pepto-Pink room a makeover. And of course I'm half way there and READY to be done! She loves pink so there was no convincing her to change the color. So we ripped up the brown carpet to expose the hardwood floors. Which are so beautiful! The trim was stained a light oak so I primed and painted all of it linen white. It makes the room look so much brighter. Her bed and dresser are oak so it was just to much wood tones in that pink room. And the best, best, best redo is her new bookcase. It used to be painted bright red and was just sitting in our basement. I used some leftover paint from my son's room and painted it this pretty green color. I've gotta finish painting the doors and it will be complete. Now she has room for all of her books and knick-knacks and it didn't cost me a dime. I want to add some finishing touches to girly it up a bit more and I am DONE! I'll be sure to post pictures next week of the completed room.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy, thought I'd come over and check out your blog from the community. Looking forward to the reveal next week. The green bookcase turned out darling.I see you live in KY...we lived in Burlington about 25 years ago! Lovely state.

    ReplyDelete